1 (edited by Arty 2011-10-19 06:20:34)

Topic: DIM Button for Phones out

When choosing the unit "Phones " .
Button DIM and RECALL only modify the Main Out . Tell me how to change the settings so that the changes were of the type that is selected on the device Out/Phones.
I would expect the same of conformity of the result and the current mode of the DIM, as if changing the volume with the help of rotary push button.

BabyFace  / Windows 7 pro 64 Bit

Re: DIM Button for Phones out

Surely no one confronted with such a question?

Sorry, it does not work this way. See here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10533

best regards
Knut

Thanks for the reply. \
The current implementation has already taken place, but it would be logical to adjusting the volume a single output to get DIM pressing down on the wheel for this particular output! Use the Link in my case is not convenient.
Please make an option in future firmwares with the ability to use DIM and RECALL to output which controls the wheel volume.

DIM and RECALL are by definition keys for the main studio monitors, always available for that function, and I don't see why I need it on other outputs. Implemented like that you turn the whole mixer into a big unusable mess.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by Arty 2011-10-19 08:19:53)

In Your current implementation it is so.
But who said that users it is convenient?

I use two pairs of monitors. One of the AN1/2 Second on PH3/4 therefore, separate DIM/RECALL for me is important as well as a separate volume control.

The software is implemented is very simple, just put a checkbox in the settings. And consumers of the product will be happy and get the expected amenities.

Next time you start a thread please give us some information what it is about. I had to search your other posts to find out that you talk about a Babyface, which is quite different with its wheel control. The solution for you should be the Speaker B function, but we know that it can not be controlled correctly from the BF itself at this time. This topic is currently worked on.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Next time you start a thread please give us some information what it is about. I had to search your other posts to find out that you talk about a Babyface, which is quite different with its wheel control. The solution for you should be the Speaker B function, but we know that it can not be controlled correctly from the BF itself at this time. This topic is currently worked on.

I agree that it is not good that has not indicated immediately babyFace. I have it in my head wink

Yes I tried to use the speaker B. But in this case, I was lost sound on one of them. This will be fixed in the future? I understand you correctly?

Yes, we are working on it, but I can not say how a solution will look like and when it is available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The main , is it possible to have DIM/RECALL for the output on which now adjust the volume with the help of the wheel.

The new drivers 1.013 include TotalMix FX 0.96, which allows you to change to Speaker B with the SELECT button on the BF. And of course then everything works correctly, with wheel and DIM. Please try it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.  But I just did a Google Search and found this thread.

I am also trying to accomplish what the original poster wanted to do. I just bought a Babyface and am trying to do the same thing, which is, have the DIM function on the RME Babyface control DIM separately for the Main Out, and for the Phones.

I have updated my firmware to the latest version, have the latest drivers installed, and my total mix version is .992. When I setup TotalMix with the settings described in this thread, I am not able to get the DIM function on the RME Babyface unit to separately control the Phones.

My settings in Total Mix in Control Room.:
1. Main Out is assigned to AN 1/2
2. Main Out B assigned to Phones 3/4.

When I select Out on the Babyface and press the Rotary to enable DIM, the MainOut is dimmed.

When I select Phones on the Babyface and press the Rotary to enable DIM, the mainout is dimmed, not the phones.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Fully correct. You have to activate Speaker B, then Dim will work on it. That is described in this thread. Not an individual Phones Dim.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

14 (edited by jaredong 2013-08-19 08:39:44)

MC wrote:

Fully correct. You have to activate Speaker B, then Dim will work on it. That is described in this thread. Not an individual Phones Dim.

I do have Speaker B enabled (see attached picture), and Speaker B (i.e., Main Out B) is mapped to Phones 3/4.
http://www.jongmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/speakerb.png

When Speaker B is enabled and I activate Dim (either by pushing the Dim Button in Total Mix or by pushing in the rotary on the Babyface when the "Phones" LED light is lit up), it dims the MainOut (see below picture), instead of Speaker B.  Is there something with my setup that I am doing wrong?
http://www.jongmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/speakerb_dim.png

Thank you!

You have to activate Link on Speaker B.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME