1 (edited by p.schwartz 2009-08-10 23:25:05)

Topic: TotalMix MIDI Control, FF800

I've searched the forum (and downloaded the most recent FF800 manual) but to no avail...

I want to do something very simple: control Input 7's fader with a slider on my keyboard. But I can't get that to happen...

One thing that does work, kinda... According to the manual:

Hardware Output (equals third row, volume only)
Analog Out 9+10 (Phones)  MIDI channel 1

But sending CC#7 on ch. 1 adjusts the levels of L & R for the SPDIF output. HeadScratch
More experimentation reveals that sending CC#7 on any other channel (2 - 16) has no effect on any of the faders. CC#10 has no effect either.

By chance I played some keys on the keyboard and all kinds of yellow indicators were activated on the TotalMix GUI. MIDI note 47 caused groups of 8 LED's to march up the display, MIDI note 46 caused them to march down again. Fun! But not what I'm after. Chalk up another ---> HeadScratch

So here's the info I'd love to get!

1) a MIDI implementation chart showing how standard MIDI messages (not HUI protocol stuff) are mapped to faders, pans, and other functions.

= or =

2) just a simple explanation of how I can get MIDI control of Input #7.

Thanks!!

-=Peter=-

2 (edited by devkerr 2009-12-04 18:16:41)

Re: TotalMix MIDI Control, FF800

Unfortunately, to my knowledge this does not exist.  I would also love this sort of functionality.

You have to use the stupid HUI protocol to "focus" on the correct group of 8 faders, then you can send CC messages to control those faders. 

I believe you use note messages to "shift" which 8 faders are in "focus" (as you discovered!). 

I'm trying to campaign RME to update the MIDI implementation to allow for what you're talking about: simple CC control of every input to every output.  Yes HUI needs to be around for people who want to uses simple HUI controllers, but lots of people just want to map something in a straightforward way.

Revising Totalmix to allow direct midi cc control wouldn't be terribly difficult. 

Please RME... please.

+1

Ah

Hi Devkerr,

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I'm going to "+1" this myself after all this time because I'd still like to have this kind of simple MIDI implementation.

BTW devkerr, when you said, "Revising Totalmix to allow direct midi cc control would be terribly difficult" did you mean "wouldn't be"? I'd think it shouldn't be difficult...

Regards,

-=PS=-

PS,

Yes! "Wouldn't be" terribly difficult!

-Devin

+1
Totalmix remote control drives me crazy....   :roll

+1

I need a simple map of all the functions of Firemix to program my remote...