Topic: DIGICHECK on Mac...

I'm waiting for this for so long...
Such a powerful tool
Any chance, RME?

Anyway... great products and a grat new site.
Best.
Simon.

Re: DIGICHECK on Mac...

along with the PCI-Express card.....please oh please....I'm going insane!

Don't like using my Digi 002R or my Motu 8pre.....

sad

How about we turn this into a show of hands for a MacIntel version of Digicheck?

you and me make 2. Anyone else?

iMac i7 3ghz, MacBook Pro i5 2.4GHz, Fireface 800, Apogee & DAV preamps

+1

oh yeah... we're waiting and hoping!

+1

+1

I hope for Digichk on the MAC Intels. Any news?

P

+2 (both hands)

hi,

has anybody tried with Bootcamp ?

Phil

- UCX - Fireface 400 - Sequoia v11.2 -

+4 (both hands & both feet)

Phil wrote:

hi,

has anybody tried with Bootcamp ?

Phil

Of course it works with Bootcamp. A MAC is only a normal PC when it runs Bootcamp.
The only thing Bootcamp does is emulate a BIOS over the EFI so Windows x86 can boot.

P

---> psvennevig   .... so why no digicheck on mac ????
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 !!!

That's 10 and counting - surely we can do better than this? (grin)

p.s. - counting only one hand per person. Other body parts stay where they belong, thanks.

Definitely, and MacIntel native.
H

front wrote:

---> psvennevig   .... so why no digicheck on mac ????
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 !!!

Because I mean MAC Intel OSX, not Bootcamp, then it is just a normal PC.

We want Digichk on Intel OSX, more clear now?

P

+100 pretty please

+1

would be great

MBP17" - FF400

+1

Stay positive guys, I have a feeling that we may see something soon. MIDI remote for Mac will be handy too. LOTS of people want it.

Now the clincher! Windows only.....

I know that Matthias has mentioned previously that there will never be an OSX version of the superb digicheck software, but no harm in asking! ;-)

The only reason I have a PC these days is to run a Multiface for metering... It is linked via ADAT to my FireFace800 which resides on my Mac.
I would love to be able to eliminate the PC altogether, but I have not found a satisfactory alternative for OSX. ... ie With the K referencing etc. That 4 bar PPM/VU is absolutley wonderful.

Regards,
Matt

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

15 and counting! Hey, if we all put in $2000....we'd be somewhere else.

C'mon, there must be more than 15 MacIntel users out there. Don't make me start counting feet.

RME? Bitte Bitte Bitte?

15 posting users are right with you. Matthias expressed some hope for a MacIntel Digicheck back on the old newsgroup.

DigiCheck on Mac Intel, this would be awesome!

Warrick wrote:

Stay positive guys, I have a feeling that we may see something soon.

Don't you hate it when the Psychics join the forum? (grin) Seriously, if you have solid evidence that this is the case, 'fess up.

beadgc23 wrote:

Don't you hate it when the Psychics join the forum? (grin) Seriously, if you have solid evidence that this is the case, 'fess up.

The evidence is here for quite some time. We have plans to release DIGICheck as Mac Intel version, but there is no date when this will happen. Of course I hope still this year, but...

As a kind of training/test case we are working on the mac version of the MIDI Remote tool. And that looks quite good so far.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias. I am Warrick, Svens slave laborer in Australia at Innovative. I didn't want to let the "cat out of the bag" so to speak regarding Dgicheck Mac, but just to ease the thoughts of everyone that it is coming.
I have quite a few requests for it coming from the film and video guys around (they use Final Cut Pro - hence the Mac).

Me too - my working time with Fireface800 is split between Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro, and I'm on a variety of Apple Intel machines.

BTW - Soundtrack Pro 2 (from FCS 2) seems to be allergic to the Fireface 800 driver and won't select  the appropriate input without an error message. That having been said, Soundtrack Pro 2 is the worst Apple release I've experienced since OS8 - runs like a late alpha version. Whoever made the decision to release it needs a good slappin'.

Digicheck on my Mac would be lovely. But the express card we need even more...

Mathias, would it be possible to have Total mix, settings dialogue, digicheck and FUT all in one interface? Perhaps tabbed or at least some common window that has other windows accessible from within itself.

31 (edited by beadgc23 2007-06-14 17:03:06)

Warrick wrote:

Mathias, would it be possible to have Total mix, settings dialogue, digicheck and FUT all in one interface? Perhaps tabbed or at least some common window that has other windows accessible from within itself.

An interesting idea, but could be a waste of processor cycles. How about a shell app with modules that can be loaded up or dumped as required?

10.5 will allow you to put all these windows in one "space" and flip them in as and when you need them, assuming it doesn't break too much.

I'm not feeling fussy, personally (grin) I'll take MacIntelDigicheck any way it comes, and be grateful for it!

Is anyone interested in DIGICheck for Mac?

I was very disappointed when I found out that it is available for Windows only.

What pisses me off extremely, is that you cannot know that until you have a look at the downloads section.
I bought my Fireface 800 thinking that it supports DIGICheck and of course thinking that DIGICheck works on an Apple computer, too.
I think it is quite strange not to mention this fact at all. Not at all on product pages like the one of the Fireface 800, even not in the description of DIGICheck !?

What if I'm a potential buyer? - Must I really visit the support pages BEFORE I buy a RME product? (..to find out what the product features are?)

If this isn't illegal, it is at least barely legal ..

i think you're way offline!
Actually, it's shame on yourself, for not getting informed before buying.
And for sure RME is not responsable for that, only yourself and the dealer (shop) where you bought the Fireface 800.

Peace,
Victor

first: u should get informed before doing any shopping

second: though without digicheck (which is only a luxury), the card works magnificently on a mac too. get urself a different spectrogramm and keep using the fireface!

rudy

I think RME (like any other firm) has an obligation to inform potential buyers up front, so not in the download section, but on the product page (NOT AVAILABLE FOR MAC) In big bold red type.

Come on, this guy is not way out of line!

Robert.

37 (edited by Victor 2007-06-23 16:11:34)

i agree that a simple sentence like "Not available for Mac" should be included.
But to call it illegal is way offline.
And DigiCheck was the last reason for me to buy a fireface: i love the sound and the features!
If DigiCheck was so important a simple call to the local store should have clarified the situation. Then again, if the local store gave a false info, it's not RME's fault.

Peace,
Victor

Please remember that Digicheck is Freeware. You are not paying for it with the price of the FF800 or any other RME product, and it is not an integral part of the hardware or the driver. Plenty of RME owners may simply never use it. I don't see how it is "barely legal" to make freeware presents to Windows users only. So far, separate development and maintenance of a Mac version would have simply been too expensive. With the arrival of the Intel Mac, things have changed, and if you had taken a moment for a pre-rant search of this forum, you would have found a statement saying we are indeed planning to do an Intel Mac version, but since this is not part of our main driver development work, we are unable to specify a date for such a release at the moment.

Here's an affordable alternative for OSX: Spectre

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

39 (edited by beadgc23 2007-06-23 17:07:05)

I agree - I've been active in requesting a Digicheck version for Intel Mac but I don't find RME to be at fault for not supplying me with one up to this point in time. Europe (I'm English, incidentally and have lived and worked in both Switzerland and Germany for several years) is far less Mac-centric than the USA and I imagine that RME have concentrated on producing software for the majority of their client base - good business practice!

As Mac sales are now growing 3 times faster than the PC market overall, I'm hoping that it will make even better sense to cater to OSX users.

40 (edited by TelecasterTube 2007-06-24 03:39:49)

Maybe it does not matter if Digicheck is free-ware etc. because it is used as a selling point.
You buy into the package  and the package should work as advertised unless otherwise mentioned.

I think this is governed by law, but I'm  no l_awyer :-).

Just put the "not for mac" on the web page?

PS $150 for spectra is paying quite a bit extra.

Regards,

Robert.

I think this is true in a general manner, but I got my RME stuff a couple of years ago - there was no Digicheck.
Just Meterbridge and fine support. I'm very happy now for the app, but it was never a decision to buy or not to buy...
And you heard it: for the Intel-Macs it is on the way.

regards...

Zapp

Regards
Zapp

42 (edited by Victor 2007-06-24 13:46:40)

TelecasterTube wrote:

Maybe it does not matter if Digicheck is free-ware etc. because it is used as a selling point.
You buy into the package  and the package should work as advertised unless otherwise mentioned.

I think this is governed by law, but I'm  no l awyer :-).

what is the matter with you guys?
You are talking about "illegal", laws and lawyers ...
RME is not selling anything. You can't buy anything from RME, but only from XYZ (your local distributor). So if XYZ is advertising a RME product with false features, that you can eventually call illegal.
You think that using hard words will force RME into doing it, or do it faster?
I doubt it!
And to conclude :-): a sentence like "Not available for Mac" would be just fine.

Peace,
Victor

43 (edited by ieso 2007-06-25 03:17:03)

RME uses DigiCheck as a selling feature of its products:

Of course there are a lot typical RME features on board of the unit:

8 x analog line I/O, 24-Bit/96kHz, SNR 111 dBA, 1/4" TRS jacks
1 x ADAT digital I/O
1 x SPDIF digital I/O
1 x Word clock I/O (BNC)
1 x MIDI I/O, 16 channels high-speed MIDI
1 x hi-power analog line/headphone output, separate output for independent submix
Hardware level calculation: freely scalable level meters, peak and RMS calculation without CPU load
DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering - and analyse tool
TotalMix: 720 channel mixer with 40 bit internal resolution. MIDI remote controllable.
S/MUX poured in hardware: 4 channels 24-Bit/96kHz for record and playback via ADAT optical
... and numerous other features found already in the Hammerfall series. And all this for an unbeatable price!

They go to great lengths to describe its strengths:
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_tech … _digicheck

And nowhere is it stated that it is not compatible with OSX or mac or only compatible with windows

I use DC all the time on my windows machine, it is a great feature of RME, and I can sure see the point these guys are making.  I'd be bummed out too.

Legal, illegal, whatever, but it is truly lame (but falling short of 'shame').

I'm sure it's due entirely to oversight.

44 (edited by isle 2007-06-26 17:45:48)

I have two intensions concerning this thread.

1.) I want to find users that have interest in DIGICheck for Mac OS X generally, not intel-mac only. Maybe it would be a reason for RME to release a Mac version of DIGICheck if there were hundreds of users requesting it.

2.) I want to get some opinions concerning the informations about DIGICheck on the RME webpage, just to call attention to the fact that RME seems to leave out a sentence like "(AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS ONLY)" deliberately (!).

Okay. - If you read all the disclaimers on the RME page you can see that they exlude liability for the webpages content.
If they want they can write the biggest shit on their pages and it's still legally allowed. .. So forget about illegal or barely legal... sorry, my fault..

But in my opinion the way DIGICheck is mentioned on the RME product pages is at least a matter of VERY, VERY BAD TASTE, isn't it?
So, the main question is:
WHY ? - WHY CAN'T RME MAKE CLEAR THAT DIGICHECK IS AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS ONLY ?

isle wrote:

I have two intensions concerning this thread.

1.) I want to find users that have interest in DIGICheck for mac generally, not intel-mac only. Maybe it would be a reason for RME to release a Mac version of DIGICheck if there were hundreds of users requesting it.

2.) I want to get some opinions concerning the informations about DIGICheck on the RME webpage, just to call attention to the fact that RME seems to leave out a sentence like "(AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS ONLY)" deliberately (!).

Okay. - If you read all the disclaimers on the RME page you can see that they exlude liability for the webpages content.
If they want they can write the biggest shit on their pages and it's still legally allowed. .. So forget about illegal or barely legal... sorry, my fault..

But in my opinion the way DIGICheck is mentioned on the RME product pages is at least a matter of VERY, VERY BAD TASTE, isn't it?
So, the main question is:
WHY ? - WHY CAN'T RME MAKE CLEAR THAT DIGICHECK IS AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS ONLY ?

I have a FF400 Box in front of me. There is written:

---
INCLUDED SOFTWARE
- DIGICheck for Windows 4.5 (or higher)
---

So is that not clear enough???
Just wondering!!!

;-)
Fabian

Fabian Frank - Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR
www.arcantus-musikproduktion.de
www.arcantus.de

FFrank wrote:

---
INCLUDED SOFTWARE
---

Just wondering!!!

;-)
Fabian

What? Are you serious? - Come on! .. Did I ever mention the box? -No! Please read carefully! All my thoughts concern the RME webpages. - What if I buy it online?

isle wrote:
FFrank wrote:

---
INCLUDED SOFTWARE
---

Just wondering!!!

;-)
Fabian

What? Are you serious? - Come on! .. Did I ever mention the box? -No! Please read carefully! All my thoughts concern the RME webpages. - What if I buy it online?

OK, OK, calm down a bit ;-)
F.

Fabian Frank - Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR
www.arcantus-musikproduktion.de
www.arcantus.de

ieso wrote:

.. - that's what is the question.. -

..and also what I thought in the beginning, too. But I'm not sure anymore, because I couldn't see any changes during the last four months since I've contacted RME. And as we can see RME still fails to see the mistake.

isle wrote:
ieso wrote:

.. - that's what is the question.. -

..and also what I thought in the beginning, too. But I'm not sure anymore, because I couldn't see any changes during the last four months since I've contacted RME. And as we can see RME still fails to see the mistake.

I think the problem is that we have RME as one entity and then you have a parent company (Synthax), a separate entity, that is apparently responsible for the web development (contracted out to a third entity) and there's just a breakdown in the communication.  This would be a very mild case of corporate miscommunication.  I'm dealing with a company (who is building me a guitar) and the level of communication breakdown between manufacturing, sales, and service is so sad it's to the point of comical.

Again, not malevolent in intentions just sloppy or lack of attention.

Now RME has at least added the phrase "for Windows" to the heading on the DIGICheck webpage. Thank you!
So, now it's called "DIGICheck for Windows" , at least in the Tech Info, but still not on the product pages. Maybe it would be a good idea to also add it to the "Driver Support" passage on every product page.