Topic: Pref: Do not load Main Volume/Balance for Phones, too, possible?

as the title says: It's quite disturbing that my phones levels change upon switching presets. Wouldn't it be possible to include all Control Room Channels for the function "don't load main volume/balance", please?

Tab

Re: Pref: Do not load Main Volume/Balance for Phones, too, possible?

That is on our list already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by TabSel 2014-01-06 11:45:21)

good to hear. When's an update scheduled for?

Another suggestion:
Would it be possible to specify visibility of channels in channel layout in mixer and matrix view independently?
I'd like to keep the mixer page as minimum as possible, with a good overview of all channels in the matrix view.

Also, the matrix view window size should at least be a size so that it covers the control section (presets and the like), cause when switching visibility of all adat channels of each I/O/playback to off, the window size is to small to let me choose all presets, and it can't be made any bigger... (mac os x 10.9.1; Babyface)

Are you sure to use the latest driver and TotalMix FX? Otherwise please provide a screenshot of the problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's just that simple: hook up a babyface, open totalmix fx, menu entry channel layout, in each tab input, playback and output mark all adat channels and check hide in mixer/matrix view.
Then open matrix view and try to activate preset 8 for example, from within the matrix view window wink

Still need a screenshot?

6 (edited by TabSel 2014-01-06 21:01:50)

An "issue/bug":

dim on/off toggles "preset modified" (so the preset switch flashes), even though dim state is NOT stored in a preset, whereas channel width changes to "wide/narrow" doesn't toggle "preset modified", even though the channel width is stored in the preset...

These are neither issues nor bugs, but defined to work like that for good reason. Please answer my question about the current driver and TM FX version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Of course latest software, as of last saturday when I bought my Babyface.

I don't understand the good reason. May you please elaborate?

I finally understood your problem, but we will not change the Matrix to adress it If you want to switch Snapshots please change to the Mixer view. Using a Matrix view with just 2 input and 4 output channels is not what it is intended for.

The good reason is as simple as can be. The flashing notifies about mixer changes that are critical for operation. A channel wide or narrow doesn't change your mix at all. A volume changed (even if it is just Dim) needs to be notified.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I finally understood your problem, but we will not change the Matrix to adress it If you want to switch Snapshots please change to the Mixer view. Using a Matrix view with just 2 input and 4 output channels is not what it is intended for...

Of course not. This is why I'd like to toggle channel visibility in mixer and matrix view independently, to have the matrix view showing all channels, with the mixer view showing the necessary channels only. Any chance?

Thanks for your support/explanation!

MC wrote:

That is on our list already.

any chance to see this with a timely update?

I have no dates. It comes when the time allows to add it. Sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME