1 (edited by Rairun 2012-03-04 22:32:50)

Topic: Question about firmware

Hi,
I use Windows 7 and OS X Lion (hackintosh). I installed Fireface UC on Windows 7 x64. Then i installed the latest firmware successfully.
The question is: There is also a firmware for OS X on the download page. On MAC when I downloaded and tried to install i got this:
http://s16.postimage.org/46wguq885/Screen_Shot_2012_03_04_at_7_46_49_PM.png
http://s18.postimage.org/e7r79t8op/Screen_Shot_2012_03_04_at_7_48_02_PM.png

Besides, i wonder if two different firmwares found on the download page (OS X and Windows) are the same thing? Should i install MAC one when i switch to OS X Lion? What is the logic behind different firmwares for different operating systems?

Re: Question about firmware

Any help?

I think the actual hardware firmware is the same for both. Its merely the firmware updaters that are in PC or MAC format. I could be wron though.

Yes, correct. The firmware is the same. But the update program is of course OS specific.

best regards
knut

OK, to make sure i understand correctly: If i install the latest firmware on Windows, i don't need to install firmware again on OSX, right?
But why on OSX it shows "Revision: 0" ?  And why is that error code?

Which firmware and drivers exactly have you installed?
That said, behaviour on Hackintoshes may be unexpected - not an officially supported or tested platform.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Since there is a problem with 1.020, right now I'm using 1.019 on Windows 7 x64. And on OS X Lion i use 1.66.
I successfully installed v115 firmware on Windows 7 x64. But when trying to install firmware on Lion i get what you see in the screenshots. And i can assure you that hackintosh works like a normal MAC when you set things right.

8 (edited by Whagi 2012-03-05 16:35:19)

If you have installed the latest firmware on Windows 7. It will have the latest firmware when you use is via any other system setup. Then Only the drivers/mixer come into play, either windows drivers, or Mac drivers.