1 (edited by juxachim 2011-05-24 20:32:04)

Topic: Skype Settings???

I'm going crazy... With the last 3.21 beta driver I was able to use my Phantom powered microphone with skype, routing trough my external mixer and the hdsp software mixer. Now with 3.24 I cannot for the life of me remember how I did.

How do i route an input to output to a wdm program like skype?

Opsys Win7

Re: Skype Settings???

Skype has its own audio device setup and device selection.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yep, i know. I tried routing the microphone input to adat outputs but that didnt work. I have no setting in skype to choose any of the analog inputs as recording source. And if i select the analog out as rec source it doesnt work either. In short i cannot get any sound from the hammerfall to go into skype for recording. Playback works. I remember having this problem with 3.18 but the 3.21 wdm fixed it, but now it doesnt work. I must be missing some settings.

A step by step guide for setting up skype for mic recording trough the rme mixer would be great. Or any help would be welcome.

I have no clue what you are doing. Routing mic to ADAT outs? What is connected where? Is that an old version of Skype? Did you miss the button 'Advanced Options' under 'Audio Settings' (not sure aboput the english names)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by juxachim 2011-05-25 07:52:48)

Hi, sorry I'll try to explain better. Very shortly. What input should I use in the advanced audio settings to enable a WDM program (like Skype) to record audio in windows 7 from a microphone connected to my Hammerfall card. And do i need to set up the RME Mixer in any special way? My mic is connected to analog in 2. Or, is the card not compatible with skype? Everything updated to latest version.

Microphone > Hammerfall DSP 9632 > Skype = Possible? HeadScratch

You plug the microphone into a preamp with analog or digital output, then connect the preamp's analog or digital output with the 9632, then select said input in the Skype audio settings. TotalMix is not involved at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

juxachim wrote:

Hi, sorry I'll try to explain better. Very shortly. What input should I use in the advanced audio settings to enable a WDM program (like Skype) to record audio in windows 7 from a microphone connected to my Hammerfall card. And do i need to set up the RME Mixer in any special way? My mic is connected to analog in 2. Or, is the card not compatible with skype? Everything updated to latest version.

Microphone > Hammerfall DSP 9632 > Skype = Possible? HeadScratch

Are you wanting to just use skype with your hammerfall? OR do you want to record the output?

There are a heap of tutorials re totalmix on youtube if you're a more visual type of person.

Isaac P

Matthias, first of all thanx for the support, I really appreciate it.

That sounds straightforward, unfortunately I cannot get it to work. None of the settings I have available as recording source in Skype work. It works fine in Audacity and Asio apps, cubase et.c, however Skype does not seem to want to talk to the wdm driver as far as recording goes. Good to hear that TotalMix is not affecting this, makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers yesterday (just so you know), Skype is version 5.3

I'm at work now so I cannot take a screenshot of my available options but this is basically what I have, and if I understand you correctly it should work:

Microphone>mixer>hdsp Analog in>Analog 1&2 selected as recording source in Skype. No signal in Skype whatsoever. Signal ok in TotalMix so nothing is wrong with the input. HeadScratch

Am I correct to think that Analog 1&2 in the recording source list is the analog IN (What is connected to the card input) and not the analog OUT (what goes out the card's output)

isaac wrote:

Are you wanting to just use skype with your hammerfall? OR do you want to record the output?

Isaac P

Isaac, I want to use Skype with Hammerfall, I want to be able to use my studio microphone in Skype, I do not want to record the output, just the microphone.
My problem is if i select Analog 1&2 as the recording source in Skype (Microphone via mixer goes to analog 2) i get no signal and Skype says it cannot access the card.

Ive seen the TotalMix tutorials on Youtube, they are great, but they haven't helped me thus far...

Thanx all for trying to help me :-)

SOLVED fryingpan

Skype does not seem to accept Analog 2 as a microphone input, only Analog 1 input. So I switched the microphone from analog 2(Right) to analog 1 (Left) And Voila!

Ergo
Though the Skype recording list says analog 1+2 only analog 1 actually works.

That was news for me too - thanks!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi.  I would like to re-open this thread from late May.   Relevant hardware:
Lavry AD11-->SPDIF
<SPDIF>RME Multiface I<SPDIF>
SPDIF<--Lavry DA11
I can record perfectly into Ableton or Sound Forge using Channel 9 since SPDIF in is essentially Channel 9&10.  However, in Skype INPUT settings, it does not give me the option to select Channel 9&10,  but it does list SPDIF.   Unfortunately, selecting SPDIF doesn't work.     On the hand, for Skype OUTPUT settings, selecting SPDIF works perfectly and I hear the audio no problem.

What do I need to do to enable SKYPE to somehow "see" the audio coming from the SPDIF input on the RME Multiface?

Thank you

--jay