Topic: New TotalMix FX 0.93 RC for Mac OS X

Hello,

this is the relase candidate for next monday. We would be glad about some feedback and tests. If you want (and can) follow the instructions below. Make sure to use the latest drivers and firmware before installing TM FX!

Thanks for testing!

Edit: Final v 0.93 released in driver 1.50 and 2.90 on 02/09/2011.

--------------------------------

Installation: exit TotalMix FX, then copy the application to the application folder, overwriting the old one. Then start TotalMix FX. Check the new version in the About dialog.

Fixes:

- Stereo Width was not reset via Reset Mix
- TM FX crashed when it changed to foreground while the option 'Disable MIDI in Backbround' and 'Enable MIDI Control' were active and Logic was shut down
- Corrupted workspaces could set different values for left/right channel effects
- Loopback is activated after standby/start (UFX only)
- Corrupted display of channel names in slim mode with active MIDI remote
- Open/close state of the panels was not saved correctly in the workspace*
- Groups did not work per workspace (as intended), but per Snapshot*
- First usage after installation had wrong mixer state
- Activated DIM did not stay active when Speaker B had been active and Main assignment changed
- Speaker B fader is set correctly when its assignment changes and 'Do not Load Main volumes ' is activated
- Talkback to Phones 4 did not work (UFX/UC only)*
- Initial state of channels (slim/normal) could have been wrong on load

* Introduced in last version 0.924

New/Changes:

- Mackie Control Options (F3): Enable, single fader for stereo, LCD support, level meters
- New Option under Reset Mix: Total Reset
- New Option under Reset Mix: Set Output Volumes (to 0 dB). The third row is no longer set to 0 dB using the other reset options.
- Trim Gain: current routing is shown as white triangle
- Ctrl-click on the channel panel buttons opens/closes all other channel panels to the right
- Global Solo state is stored and loaded from Snapshot
- Low cut included in the EQ's frequency diagram

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: New TotalMix FX 0.93 RC for Mac OS X

I updated to the beta6 and had the same mismatch problems that i had before.

http://home.mac.se/makingsound/logicpro_se/dialog_ufx.png

No matter how I tried I was always welcomed by that same message...
... until I tried (no matter? rotfl ) a total reset!
Now everything works as expected and no more mismatch message.

Did you change the colors of Solo/Mute or is it jus placebo? I like the new(?) colors.
Did the Input Channels display the metering for left and right on a stereo pair before or is it new?

Good work on this one. I think it's ready for GM!

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

The latest beta again fixes some problems with older corrupted files, so this message indeed could stay until you reset the whole mixer state. Otherwise we did not change anything visually ;-)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The latest beta again fixes some problems with older corrupted files, so this message indeed could stay until you reset the whole mixer state. Otherwise we did not change anything visually ;-)

Placebo. fryingpan

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Hello,
Euphonix MC Mix, running in Mackie Control mode, is not recognized in RME Totalmix FX 0.93. In the old Totalmix version (without FX) MC Mix in Mackie Control mode works without problems. Perhaps in TM FX it is not yet fully developed?
I am the owner of a Fireface UC.
Martin

merlin wrote:

Hello,
Euphonix MC Mix, running in Mackie Control mode, is not recognized in RME Totalmix FX 0.93. In the old Totalmix version (without FX) MC Mix in Mackie Control mode works without problems. Perhaps in TM FX it is not yet fully developed?
I am the owner of a Fireface UC.
Martin

That's really strange.
I do not have a Euphonix but I can control my UFX wirelessly with an iPad.

Is it the MIDI input that is not recognized?

RME Fireface UFX

7 (edited by merlin 2011-02-21 01:55:50)

I don´t think so. Euphonix uses lan network and a kind of "translator" into Mackie protocol in system preferences for applications which are not supporting the euphonix protocol.
Which kind of app are you using on the iPad, and is it available on iPhone?

regards
Martin

8 (edited by Eric Bradley 2011-02-20 23:06:39)

merlin wrote:

I don´t think so. Euphonix uses lan network and a kind of "translator" into Mackie protocol in system preferences for units which are not supporting the euphonix protocol.

So you are able to see the Euphonix in the TotalMix FX settings and you are using the Mackie Control protocol...
I don't see why that wouldn't work?

Which kind of app are you using on the iPad, and is it available on iPhone?

regards
Martin

The App is AC-7 Core. There is an iPhone version called AC-7 mini that should work just fine.

//Eric

RME Fireface UFX

9 (edited by merlin 2011-02-21 01:53:24)

Eric Bradley wrote:

So you are able to see the Euphonix in the TotalMix FX settings and you are using the Mackie Control protocol...
I don't see why that wouldn't work?

I am even able to connect it, but Euphonix MC Mix not responding. - Sorry about my english...

The App is AC-7 Core. There is an iPhone version called AC-7 mini that should work just fine.

//Eric

Thank you!

Dann bitte in Deutsch: Options, Enable MIDI Control ist aktiv? Settings Dialog (F3): dort sind beide Euphonix MIDI Ports ausgewählt und das Mackie Protokoll ist aktiviert? Nun bewegen Sie einen Fader auf der Euphonix und nichts passiert? Oder umgekehrt?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Genau das! Sowohl TM FX als auch die MC Control stellen sich tot, obwohl ich die von Dir genannten Einstellungen gemacht habe. Ich hab nun den neuen Treiber und die alte Totalmix Oberfläche installiert. Das funktioniert. Die Funktionen sind da und die Kanalnamen werden auf dem Euphonix Display angezeigt. Schön wäre natürlich, wenn es mit der Totalmix FX funktionieren würde!
Sollte die o.g. Kombination keinen Sinn machen, geben Sie mir bitte Bescheid.
Viele Grüße
Martin

0.93 beta6 seems pretty good.

Thanks for the full Mackie Control support and the little channel names fix and the single fader for stereo channel option. It's all starting to get quite mature!

My only question - is it possible now to have TMFX send my own channel names to mackie control display? Or hopefully this might be possible in a later update?

Kind regards

It's on the list now. The next version with mono channels for outputs will amaze you even more...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Wow!!! I didn't even dare to hope for that, Matthias :-)
I assume that means that we'll be able to run say AN1/2 as stereo main output (on one MC fader) and then AN3-8 as
separate mono monitor outputs, controlled by 6 independant MC faders,
without having to combine two monitors on one (stereo) output and having to mess with pan between them...

This beast is really getting flexible for live use. I love it!!

Geir.

15 (edited by gkilsti 2011-02-26 00:15:46)

Eric, thanks for the AC-7 info. I just tried it on my ipod touch.
In general mode, it seems to send everything fine, and the TMFX is updated accordingly,
but I don't get anything back to the ipod. No fader levels, signal levels, buttons, lights, nothing.
Yes, I have chosen the proper MIDI interface both in and out.
I guess this is supposed to work...any idea what might be wrong?
2-way info works fine with my Mackie MCU.
Using W7 64bit.

This is a 'bug' in AC-7, maybe by design, don't know. Mackie should be two ways, but this app works only one way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK. Thanks.
I've reported it in the AC-7 forum now. Hope for some help there.

Geir.

gkilsti wrote:

we'll be able to run say AN1/2 as stereo main output (on one MC fader) and then AN3-8 as

It works exactly like that on my desktop. Public beta coming soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

This is a 'bug' in AC-7, maybe by design, don't know. Mackie should be two ways, but this app works only one way.

This statement was not correct. The AC-7 works both ways. If not check the step by step instructions on the AC-7 website. It seems to be crucial to start the AC-7 not before the MIDI settings window with network is open.

What I had in mind was that with missing feedback the faders are not set to the previous position. It should be like that unless they add a switch to intentionally disable this Mackie 'feature'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, Matthias.
Works fine now.

Can't wait for the next public beta :-) :-) :-)

Let me know if you want an external MCU tester on the private beta ;-)

Geir.

21 (edited by MatsHelgesson 2011-02-26 14:03:53)

Hi!

Thanks for building awesome hardware! The UFX is loveley so I got myself the Babyface as well. Now I have two devices with with Totalmix FX and they totally kill the competition! This beta version of Totalmix works very well but there's one little issue with it (and the previous versions). I have an Ipad with AC7 Core and an Iphone with AC7 Mini and try to control Totalmix with them. These are basically emulations of a Mackie Control surface and the midi is sent over WLAN.

You set up rtp MIDI over WLAN and connect a session between the computer and the device. It's really simple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3_GRzK … re=related

I get this working in Windows and control Totalmix from the Ipad/Iphone. Reaper also work both in Windows than MacOS so I know that the machines communicate, but Totalmix for Mac just won't work. The problem is that Totalmix FX only allows me to select "session1", which is the MIDI device as EITHER input OR output. Not both at the same time, which is required for this to work. I also have a Behringer BCF2000 which works flawlessly but it appears as two separate MIDI devices. Is this a limitation in the software or just a bug?

EDIT: Damn, I should have read the thread through.

Thanks!

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

Version 0.93 had been released for Mac in driver 1.50 and 2.90 already on 02/09/2011.

Mats - Problem solved or not?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Version 0.93 had been released for Mac in driver 1.50 and 2.89 on already on 02/09/2011.

I think you ment 2.90. And thanks for pointing that out. I was just about to write the same.

RME Fireface UFX

Wow. Thanks for mentioning AC-7. Got it working on Logic8/Leopard in like, 5 minutes. Working on Total Mix later. Very cool. Hooray for technology making things simpler.

Yes, 2.90.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Version 0.93 had been released for Mac in driver 1.50 and 2.90 already on 02/09/2011.

Hi MC,

Nope, still can't select the session as midi in/out in Totalmix on the Mac (MacOS 10.6.6, latest beta Totalmix FX) I'm kind of bummed out on this one, can't see why it won't work. I've tried two different wireless networks at home and neither the Ipad or Iphone can be used with Totalmix. AC3 communicates with Reaper though. It works with Totalmix FX in Windows. All programs work except for Sonar 8.5.

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

MatsHelgesson wrote:
MC wrote:

Hi MC,

Nope, still can't select the session as midi in/out in Totalmix on the Mac (MacOS 10.6.6, latest beta Totalmix FX) I'm kind of bummed out on this one, can't see why it won't work. I've tried two different wireless networks at home and neither the Ipad or Iphone can be used with Totalmix. AC3 communicates with Reaper though. It works with Totalmix FX in Windows. All programs work except for Sonar 8.5.

First of all you should update to the GM of 0.93 that is included in the 2.90 update.
I just made a video of how I get the AC-7 to work with TMFX in Os x but I need to do some editing before I upload it.

Feel free to contact me if you need some help.

Greetings from Uppsala.

//Eric

RME Fireface UFX

Here's the video that I promised:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMM7sYEmOc

RME Fireface UFX

MC wrote:
gkilsti wrote:

we'll be able to run say AN1/2 as stereo main output (on one MC fader) and then AN3-8 as

It works exactly like that on my desktop. Public beta coming soon.

I'm a little curious on this, MC. Could you elaborate a little?
- Mono available for ALL outputs, including ADAT?

- Memory? With 30 possible mono outputs, you'll need 30+30=60 effect strips to cover all ins and outs.
  I assume that the DSP capacity will not be affected, as you probably already handle a stereo signal as two signals, effect wise,
  but you wrote that you didn't have much memory to use for the channel names in the unit. With 30 out FXs instead of 15,
  you'll need some more memory to store the settings separately for each mono output, right?
  I also assume that this requires a  new firmware, as the DSP handling this is in the unit itself and not in the TMFX.

BR, Geir.

Memory is not a problem here, it had all been reserved. And you are right, the UFX indeed needs a firmware update. The current in-house version just works with UC and Babyface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Memory is not a problem here, it had all been reserved. And you are right, the UFX indeed needs a firmware update. The current in-house version just works with UC and Babyface.

...when did you say the new UFX firmware will be released again?

I did not say anything about that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I did not say anything about that.

:-)

OK, so I guess it'll come together with the USB recording feature at the Musikmesse in april then :-)
Is it your policy to never say anything about release dates in advance?

Geir.

merlin wrote:

Euphonix MC Mix, running in Mackie Control mode, is not recognized in RME Totalmix FX 0.93. In the old Totalmix version (without FX) MC Mix in Mackie Control mode works without problems. Perhaps in TM FX it is not yet fully developed? I am the owner of a Fireface UC.

It seems Euphonix has a list of supported applications within their drivers. TotalMix is included, TotalMix FX (different name) not yet. You can download a patched Mac version of TM FX which has an internal name of TM, it worked with a Euphonix MC Control, so we think it will also work with the MC Mix.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … 093ffm.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo MC,

Thank you for service, but everything seems to be unchanged by using Euphonix MC Mix with 0.93ffm.

Greetings

That is disappointing. You will have to give Euphonix a call to add support for TM FX then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

One more time: it seems there is something missing as it really should work. The provided patched version works only if the former TotalMix is registered in the Euphonix control panel (shows path "Applications/Fireface Mixer.app"), then reboot (issued by the control panel). Registering the new version does not work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo MC,

the Euphonix control panel shows path "Applications/Totalmix.app" with the new downloaded totalmix version 0.93ffm. HeadScratch
I informed Euphonix already three weeks ago.
They asked me, if I added TotalMix as a MackieControl application in the Euphonix System Preference pane. I told them, that the old usb mixer works fine with MC Mix added as a Mackie Control app and only the new version has a problem. I got no answer yet

Regards
Martin

merlin wrote:

the Euphonix control panel shows path "Applications/Totalmix.app" with the new downloaded totalmix version 0.93ffm.

That's why it doesn't work TO REGISTER it. You have to register the old TM, but then simply use the patched one and it will work automatically.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

41 (edited by merlin 2011-03-15 17:17:51)

MC wrote:

That's why it doesn't work TO REGISTER it. You have to register the old TM, but then simply use the patched one and it will work automatically.

I tested this way but still nothing happened. Perhaps the reason is, that Euphonix control panel shows the path: "Applications/Fireface USB Mixer.app" instead of: "Applications/Fireface Mixer.app"?  This (original) version runs with MC Mix.

Speaker B link is not working on Windows and Mac. Just can't edit the status of the link.

I have no clue what you are talking about. And the Speaker B function works perfectly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Rebuilding system from months and months back and several gear crashes.
FF800 is finally going to the shop (as requested last fall) and I'm wondering what the state of TOTAL MIX is for Mac OSx at this ponit