RME Newsletter April 30, 2001
1. New drivers released
2. Gigastudio update v 2.2
3. Hammerfall DSP delayed
»Return to RME News and Information
1. New drivers released (Top)
In case you missed the latest updates -
On our website you'll find several updated drivers:
DIGI96 series: version 4.96 (Win9x), version 1.36 (W2k)
Hammerfall series: version 2.60 (Win98), version 1.36 (W2k)
As always the changes, fixes and enhancements are documented within the
driver archive (readme.txt) and on our website (section Tech Info, Driver
Updates.) Here's an overview:
- SPDIF Out can be used with DVD software player
- Automatic sample rate change for AEBx-I when starting record
- SPDIF I/O under MME in Double Speed mode: right channel brought back to
- SyncAlign was de-activated
- Distortion sound after short system overload under MME and ASIO fixed
- Stuttering after short system overload using Media player fixed
Additionally the new Hammerfall drivers allow to use smaller MME buffers
than ever before. The archive includes a special note (mme_new.txt) on this.
When using a highly optimized audio engine (as in SONAR or SAW Studio) MME
can be used at latencies formerly only available from ASIO! See the text
for more information.
A driver update for NT is planned to be released soon. We will send a newsletter
as soon as it is available.
2. Gigastudio update v 2.2 (Top)
Gigastudio 2.2 is now available as update on the Nemesys
website. This one finally solves all the problems which are listed in our
FAQ, section latest additions.
- The tool GSFIX (or any other method to change priority) is no longer needed.
The priority can be set directly in Gigastudio. When running a Sequencer
on the same machine and using ASIO we recommend to set it between 5 and
- Changes of the buffer size and bit depth are now handled correctly and
in realtime. You can now change the ASIO latency without getting chopped
sounds in Gigastudio.
- These improvements are Gigastudio only (no update for Gigasampler.)
3. Hammerfall DSP delayed (Top)
The first shipment of Hammerfall DSP Digiface is delayed
by about two weeks, to the mid of May. We are waiting on components from
other manufacturer's to complete the package. Sorry.
The RME Team
Copyright © Matthias Carstens, 2001.
All entries in this Newsletter have been thoroughly checked, however no
guarantee for correctness can be given. RME cannot be held responsible for
any misleading or incorrect information provided throughout this document.
Lending or copying any part or the complete document or its contents is
only possible with the written permission from RME.