Topic: A reason for no oscilloscope in digi check ?

As per title ,im just wondering why there is no oscilloscope in digi check , all other apparatus seems to be thought about but not an Oscilloscope is there a reason behind this ?

Im using the old ff400 btw

cheers
john

Re: A reason for no oscilloscope in digi check ?

The question is - what would that be good for? In the very seldom case you need to check a waveform you can do so in the recording tools you aready have, down to a sample resolution...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by johndale82 2014-01-10 08:46:41)

Hi Matthias

Thank you for you response , the reason im asking is im diving into the world of modular synthesis and I would like to check the waveforms of  my Vco's , you say this is possible with the tools in DC ? Excuse my complete novice brain but how would you do this with no Oscilloscope ?
Im very new to DC really and I have only been using totalyser but I do most of my recordings in cubase7.5 but I find the scope in Cubase very un reliable.

Check the waveform within the recording track of Cubase (not DIGICheck), that's what I meant. Otherwise there are several freeware DSO tools available, for example Soundcard Oscilloscope:

http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/scope_en

which is quite advanced (although it doesn't use ASIO).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thank you Matthias

I did actually download the soundcard scope and installed it on my laptop just to make sure it was a legit software 3 nights ago  but I tried also sorts to see if the waveforms were responsive and all I was getting with every waveform from 4 different oscillators was a Square wave  but in my Cubase scope I was only getting a saw and sine wave ........ confused ? I am ;-)  .
Now soundcard scope has been recommended I will try it on my DAW .
I know ultimately I should purchase a eurorack oscilloscope like the Jone's o'tools but trying to get one in England is a little bit hard ;-)   

thanks for your reply
john

john

Matthias

Just an update , thank you for recommending the soundcard scope as I have installed it on the DAw and it does work perfectly all oscillators show the correct wave forms now .

Many thanks
john dale