Topic: RME DigiCheck Bundle File Made with 5.51 Corrupt opened in 5.61

I recorded using DigiCheck version 5.51 on an old Laptop Wednesday.
I moved the files onto my DAW and extracted the mono wave files using DigiCheck 5.61.

The mono wave files from 2 of the exports had Silence at the end of the files. The first had 2 minutes of silence, cutting off the end of the last tune. And the second had 11 minutes of silence.

I went back to the laptop, and exported the mono waves using DigiCheck 5.51 and all the audio data was recovered.

I thought I would report the weirdness.

Re: RME DigiCheck Bundle File Made with 5.51 Corrupt opened in 5.61

There was zero change of the export function between those versions. So it might be the environment - OS, RAM etc. BTW, version 5.62 is released.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

DigiCheck 5.62 seems to open much quicker than couple of older versions in Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
I tested 5.62 in W8.1 64bit and noticed that Settings of the Totalyser won't open.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Hmm...Settings dialog works now.
I guess booting the PC after update made the difference.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Thanks  Mathias.

Is it possibly a difference in the load of the file? Before export, when playing back using digicheck I can play back the silence of the silent region... If that makes sense. The music doesn't disappear at export. Perhaps the problem is in loading the file?

Thanks for pointing out the new version. I will grab a copy at first chance... Recording tonight though, so maybe the weekend.