1 (edited by wpmproductions 2012-12-24 22:02:09)

Topic: HDSP9652 can't open mixer or dsp on toolbar? windows xp

I Just bought hdsp 9652 used , i installed latest drivers from RME site on windows xp. i can see the mixer and also dsp on the toolbar but does not open mixer or dsp..
it's also saying Hardware driver is ok.. but no audio device on (sounds and audio devices)
Any help please!
thanks
Paul

Re: HDSP9652 can't open mixer or dsp on toolbar? windows xp

What exactly is printed on the card, DIGI 96/36/52 or HDSP 9652?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by S122LE 2013-01-13 17:31:29)

Hi,
  Has this issue been addressed? I have the same problem with my HDSP 9652 on win 7.
If I remove and re fit the card it works again but only for one session and then usually stops on the next reboot.
It is then not in device manager and selecting mix or dsp in the tool bar does nothing.
I have moved it to the other PCI port and it uses the latest firmware and driver.
Please tell me my card is not faulty no:

Wndows 7 pro 64
Abit IX38 Quad GT mobo, Last available BIOS
Core 2 Q6600
4g OCZ Reaper
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, 768mb
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb system drive
2 x Seagate Barracuda 80gb for media

Thanks in advance,
Adam.

P.s. It has been fine for 2+ years apart from ASIO clipping in Cubase 5 which is quite likely (as per usual) a vst issue.

I am having the same issue, i don't see it in device manager.  I can't even getting running for the first time since I just got this thing.  I see the optic ports glowing red and that is it.

Please help!

5 (edited by S122LE 2013-01-18 11:30:55)

Update. Try resetting your motherboard bios. It worked for me.
I'm guessing I have either a corrupt bios or faulty motherboard?

I have exactly same problem! please help... because i have to let my computer open to touch my card before boot!
No its not my pci port because i tried in several computers!

i had an modification before from 1.3 to 1.6 that works until new computer and new windows 7 64 bit

please help us! :-O

7 (edited by S122LE 2013-02-15 15:40:29)

Not sure why RME haven't commented on this thread?? I solved my issue by resetting/clearing CMOS for my motherboard which sets the BIOS back to default. By repeatedly having to do this, I found that my CMOS battery was faulty and therefore preventing the CMOS from correctly loading its settings and as a result ran fail safe mode. I'm guessing this affects the correct addressing of the PCI ports in some way which is why my HDSP9652 got 'lost' in the system?? Other reasons for this issue could be a corrupt BIOS, faulty motherboard, bad connection between sound card and PCI port etc. It's unlikely that your sound card or its drivers are at fault.
I hope this is of any help.

Cheers,
Adam.