Topic: Babyface and Thunderbolt i/o on new MBPro

Hi all!

I have just bought a Babyface (haven't even  fired it up yet), and I was wondering  if it will be made compatible with Thunderbolt (light peak) i/o on the new MacBook Pro.

I ask this because of the way RME implements USB  and was hoping that maybe it might be able to be 'programmed' to operate at higher transfer rates via Thunderbolt when appropriate cables/adaptors become available? ... and will RME be making such a cable or adaptor? (USB to Thunderbolt).

I hope my question makes sense!  HeadScratch

Cheers!

2 (edited by Dr Tone 2011-02-25 18:22:43)

Re: Babyface and Thunderbolt i/o on new MBPro

How would an USB to Thunderbolt adapter be of any advantage, the babyface is still USB and limited by the USB interface within?  It won't perform faster.  Plus USB is more than fast enough to handle the babyface.

The real question is:  Is RME going to start implementing native Thunderbolt/Light Peak devices.

I have just bought a bike, and I was wondering if it will be made compatible with Autobahn (high way)?

I ask this because of the way Bikebuilder implements gears and was hoping that maybe it might be able to be 'programmed' to operate at higher speed via Autobahn.

I hope my question makes sense!

Cheers! :-P DeadHorse wink

There will be no 'native' Thunderbolt devices. It is a proprietary system which works only by using the TB chips from Intel. And it always translates to PCI Express. Thread closed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Here's something interesting...

Thunderbolt: Introducing a new way to hack Macs
:roll

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs