Topic: Fireface UC with Total Mix FX?

The flash update and new driver listed below list Fireface UC under Fireface USB Interfaces with TotalMix FX.

Windows Flash Update Tool for Fireface UFX, UC, Babyface. Update to firmware revision UFX: 336/107/238, UC: 112, Babyface: 176.      10/13/2010      fut_usb_win.zip
Download Windows PnP driver for Fireface UFX, Fireface UC and Babyface, version 0.959.     10/04/2010     driver_usb_win.

Are these supposed to work with UC?

If not, why is Fireface UC listed?

Re: Fireface UC with Total Mix FX?

It says right there the driver is for all 3 devices.  Can't get any simpler.

mbradt wrote:

If not, why is Fireface UC listed?

HeadScratch

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I think the question is here cause the 2 sticky threads : "Latest Driver Updates" and "TotalMix FX - Beta version available for Mac and Windows" have not been updated. It's not in the "Hot News" too @ the left : http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.php :-).

Because I am still busy and not at home right now. The information is all correct. You can use the latest driver with TM FX for the UC, or the older driver which has the former TM. Take what you like, at this time you have the choice. But not for long....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

7 (edited by mbradt 2010-10-14 23:11:04)

I tried TotalMix FX and the flash update to 112.  The flash update said I was already current with 111 and when I restarted after installing the driver I got a message that said TotalMix FX is not responding.  I've never had any problems with UC flash updates or driver updates.  I rolled back the driver to .938 and everything worked.  Do you have to unistall the old mixer?  Can you clarify what "but not for long" means?

Thanks

Yeah, the newest firmware tool said 111 - 111, but I still updated it, and also updated the newest drivers. Everything works fine and USB settings shows 112 firmware, so maybe there's just a little bug in the firmware updater tool.

Great!

9 (edited by MH 3 2010-10-16 11:10:14)

Same problems here with fw 112 (111 shown during update)and the new driver (not responding error report).
Both work fine here otherwise, beside the error report (after every rstart of the Computer).

Regards

MC?s Regestry Tip solved the error report problem :-)

FF UCX - ADI 8 QS(DOTec Madi/Usb i64) - Madi HDSPe(Tco 4)

I have a suspicion 112 firmware is needed with the new driver and they forgot to put the file on the server again before updating the website.