1 (edited by VVV 2011-01-07 13:30:27)

Topic: 9632 Foobar ASIO playing error

Hi.
Seems strange bug in drivers?

I have 3 files - 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/96.

When I playing 16/44.1 -> 16/48 -> 16/44.1 seems all ok, but if I try to play 24/96 and then play ANY format(24/96 too), get error Unrecoverable playback error: Device has 8 output channels, expected 12. After this error I go to the ASIO Virtual Device Editor(it's in Foobar) and see only 8!!! channels. If I chose SPDIF L and R channels of 8 then player can play only ONE track in ANY format. Then I try to play ANY other format(for example 16/44.1->16/44.1 or 16/44.1->24/96 it's doesn't matter) I get another error Unrecoverable playback error: Device has 12 output channels, expected 8. After this error I go to the ASIO Virtual Device Editor(it's in Foobar) and see all 12 channels.

Win7 x64, driver 3.0.8.5

Also I have ESI Juli@ sound card and it's all ok.

Any issues? (I already try different buffer size, it doesn't work)

Re: 9632 Foobar ASIO playing error

Not a bug at all... The number of ADAT channels is reduced to 4 at 96k.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Not a bug at all... The number of ADAT channels is reduced to 4 at 96k.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Can I disable autoreduce ADAT channels?

No, sorry. This is just the way it works, because the ADAT bandwidth is limited and will only support 4 channels at 96. No other ASIO software I know of shows similar behaviour, by the way...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by VVV 2011-01-07 15:43:38)

Ok, thanks for answer! I try to find ASIO component source code)

Hi,
I experience the same behavior with hdspe AIO + foobar + ASIO plugin.
I've solved in this way:
every time I change the sample rate, I remove the current "ASIO Virtual device" in Foobar Preferences, and I recreate a new one with the "Add new" button.
Not confortable at all, but It works for me.
Regards.
Stefano

It not problem RME, is a problem foo_out_asio.dll
I used XMPlay 3.5.1 + asio plugin - all works perfectly, the problem isn't present. At usage WavLab all works.
But Foobar2000 are very functional also a convenient player.
It is necessary to correct foo_out_asio.dll for compatibility with RME.
Who can?

You can try an old (0.8) version of fb2k, along with Otachan's ASIO plugin. This one works. Or use Media Monkey (or similar) instead.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

9 (edited by Nerekan 2011-01-10 02:26:34)

I have already tried MediaMonkey, a player not bad, but foobar2000 it is better...
Perfectly sounds and works without problems WavLab 6, but as a player not so convenient.
Prompt, and it is possible on RME9632 to disconnect channels an I/O, to leave only a digital output (AES/EBU, coaxial and optical) and headphones?
Can then Foobar2000 will cease to write about an error?

Sorry, no.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi there!
It's a old topic, I will update it smile

Recently I've upgraded to Windows 10 and now(perhaps of win10 or something else) I'm having problems with foobar2000. It doesn't play with "ASIO : ASIO HAmmerfall DSP" driver selected. Channels are selected in ASIO menu...
Does anyone solved the problem?

Driver version, windows 10 build number and eventually rev number of the PCI card, shall this matter, thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

None of this matters. The only question of interest: does ASIO work with any other program?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME