Topic: HDSPe AIO MADI

Hello
We have en MAC PRO 2008 with a HDSPe card and a AIO card.
We have connectet HDSPe card and a AIO card with a wire inside the MAC to sync.
We have 2 Micstasy where we use MADI (Opitical) to connect with the HDSPe.

Talkback and playback
We use talkback from a mike (in Mackie Big Knob) connectet to audio in on the AIO card.

We use to route the input from AOI (Through Logic Pro 8 with a Audio in fader with a BUS out to a AUX with output 7-8) to  ADAT out on the Micstasy to a Behringer PRO 8 Digital ch. 7/8 to a Headphoneamp. And it works also when we route the playback through. But sometimes it go out of sync?

HDSPe settings
In the HDSPe settings the HDSPe is master and the AIO is slave. "Pref sync Ref" is set to MADI on the HDSPe.

Another way?
I have seen one of the video (on YouTube) where the HDSPe is used to talkback and playback.
If we want to use HDSPe mixer as talkback and playback with the same in and out (maybe not out through ADAT but out on the Micstasy?),
can we then route the audio signal on the AIO in to  on the HDSPe out so we can use it to talkback and playback?

With regards
Flemming Poul Giese

Re: HDSPe AIO MADI

Please provide screenshots of your Settings dialog Sync settings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hej Matthias
Can post screendumps withs is placed local on my MAC?
As far as I can see you can only post a picture there is placed
on the internet (url)?
With Regards
Flemming

http://imageshack.us/

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

AIO settings
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OF … directlink
MADI HSDPe settings:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1h … directlink

With regards
Flemming

I hope that you have the time to help:-)

Can you give us some help fryingpan?

Help no 1: Are ours settings ok?

Help no 2: Can we route mike in from the AOI card to one of the out ch. from the Micstacy
using the HDSPe mixer?HeadScratch

With regards
Flemming Poul Giese

1. The settings are ok, but the MADI card had nothing connected when you did the screenshot.

2. No way. Only what you describe in your first post will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hej Matthias
We still have problems with out of sync ( Or what it is? Its a kind of distortion), when we use talkback, as I write
before in the post.
We use Logic (Logic 8 in Leopard on MAC Pro) as talk back.
We use to route the input from AOI (Through Logic Pro 8 with a Audio in fader with a BUS out to a AUX with output 7-8) to  ADAT out on the Micstasy to a Behringer PRO 8 Digital ch. 7/8 to a Headphoneamp. And it works also when we route the playback through. But sometimes it go out of sync?

1. We use ADAT out from Mistacsy. Can we use two of the out from Mistacsy out?
If, how do we make the connection to the out on the Mistacsy?

2. We have set I/O in Logic to 32 samples (The lowest). Is it part of the problem?

We hope that you have at solution that can solve our problem?

With regards
Flemming Poul Giese

Hej Matthias

I would like to have an answerHeadScratch if you don't mind?
As a remark to point 1 " We use ADAT out from Mistacsy. Can we use two of the out from Mistacsy out?
"
The reason to the question is that I haven't been able to route a signal to the out of one of the Mistascys port?
How do we do that?

"We still have problems with out of sync ( Or what it is? Its a kind of distortion), when we use talkback, as I write
before in the post.
We use Logic (Logic 8 in Leopard on MAC Pro) as talk back.

1. We use ADAT out from Mistacsy. Can we use two of the out from Mistacsy out?

2. We have set I/O in Logic to 32 samples (The lowest). Is it part of the problem?

We hope that you have at solution that can solve our problem?"

With regards
Flemming Poul Giese

We stil have problems with noise (or out of sync) when we use talk back and sound on sound from AIO in to Mistascy out via MADI optical cable.
We use ADAT out from Mistascy to an Behringer DA and A out from Behringer to and headphone amp.
We use Logic 8 on an MAC PRO, and route the mike signal in from AOI to Logic and out via Logic to Mistacy.

Do someone have an solution to this problem?

With regards

Flemming Poul Giese

How is the Behringer synced in this system, word clock or ADAT input? What about the Micstasy?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

We have synced Behringer with ADAT - The Micstacy is set to MADI in the HDSPe settings and the AOI is set to Autosync
------------------------------
with Regards
Flemming Poul Giese

Most likely just sync trouble on the Behringer. Try using Word Clock from the Micstasy out to ADA in for sync.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you
We try that
I Hope it will solve the problem
With Regards
Fleming Poul Giese