1 (edited by jniet 2010-10-21 13:39:51)

Topic: No FX section in new total mix FX for Fireface UC

Hey,

I did a firmware updated for my fireface UC succesful and also installated the new totalmix FX. In the help section is explained that I can find the FX section in View Options/Mixer setup, but I can not find any FX section.

I'm I doying something wrong? Or is it not avaible for fireface UC

Johan

Re: No FX section in new total mix FX for Fireface UC

That is a typo in the online help (UC should have been UFX), the UC does not have any effects.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

oK, thats clear to me. Thanx for the fast reply.

Johan

strange is that in the help is writen:
"TotalMix FX adds 3-band parametric Equalizer, Low Cut, Echo and Reverb for the fire face UC and the babyface. The Fireface UFX additionally featurs Compressor, Expander and Auto Level"

Johan

Good god - did I say typo? "TotalMix FX adds 3-band parametric Equalizer, Low Cut, Echo and Reverb for the Fireface UFX and the Babyface."

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry to say this, and I have seen this discussion before.
but I think its only fair to make an FX section for the Fireface UC you guys ....
I  have my FF UC for only nine months, and I paid 800 euros. And a Babyface gets the FX?
Thats not fair, and I don't think, with RME's expertise, that it would be SO much trouble to write the
same for the FF UC. Come on people! once u start with RME, your not gonna stop anyway.
Your reputation should remain on top!

The hardware of the UC simply does not support any effects, sorry... Not a matter of just "writing" something.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I tend to agree with droid, UC is the pro version of the Babyface but is missing the features, especially seeing it hasnt been out long...

reverbnation.com/ovorigin

ovorigin wrote:

UC is the pro version of the Babyface

No, it is not. The UC is the USB version of the FF400, which also does not support effects.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Either way, the UC and FF400 should both support effects. Pro version or no pro-version, the Babyface is half the price, so it's a bit of a slap in the face for users like myself who payed top-dollar for a UC. Shouldn't be that difficult really -- just the firmware & software!

TiefFish wrote:

Either way, the UC and FF400 should both support effects. Pro version or no pro-version, the Babyface is half the price, so it's a bit of a slap in the face for users like myself who payed top-dollar for a UC. Shouldn't be that difficult really -- just the firmware & software!

As has been discussed here before, the older units do not have the FPGA processing power for effects etc. It's not a case of "updating the firmware and writing some software". It's a limitation of the power of the hardware. Hence why the multifaces etc do not support effects etc either.

Would you expect your 2 year old graphics card to support the latest direct X? or your 2 year old computer to be as fast and powerful as a brand new one?

It's progress, My 12 year old muliface/PCI card combo is still supported, and it has more functionality than when it first came out. That is support and service.

So please give it a rest, or at least learn about what you are asking for.

Isaac P

UC is the pro version of the Babyface

This is not correct. The Babyface is already a "pro" version. If there is something like a bigger, "pro" version of the Babyface it's the UFX.

best regards
Knut

TiefFish wrote:

Permit me to say that I love comments like this one... HeadScratch
So totally disconnected from reality... cool

If you can get the older and less powerful DSP chip (FPGA) of the FF400 and UC to run effects, please feel free to program it accordingly. After that, I'm sure you will also find a way to run Windows 7 on an Intel 386 CPU with 4 MB of RAM...

As Isaac said, it is really a matter of technical progress. Not all of that is good all the time IMHO , but sometimes, new products really add features and performance.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:
TiefFish wrote:

Permit me to say that I love comments like this one... HeadScratch
So totally disconnected from reality... cool

If you can get the older and less powerful DSP chip (FPGA) of the FF400 and UC to run effects, please feel free to program it accordingly. After that, I'm sure you will also find a way to run Windows 7 on an Intel 386 CPU with 4 MB of RAM...

As Isaac said, it is really a matter of technical progress. Not all of that is good all the time IMHO , but sometimes, new products really add features and performance.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I think RME's progress is awesome!

Loving what we can do with gear that would have cost 10 times more 5 years ago.

Isaac P

p.s. thanks for the props Daniel ;-)