Topic: a strong static/spark noise after upgrade firmware in fireface 800

to support team hello.

i am having a strong static/spark noisees problems so strong that i can't work with my fire face 800.
i started after upgrading the firware to 2.77 and the driver to 2.9992.

i know for sure that the problem is from the card i already checked all my other stuff:amp,cables.....

i saw a few topics on the net about the same problem but i didnt saw any official solution.

i tried to roll back the driver and the firmeare to older versions but unfortunately the driver keep up showing 2.9992 and the firware faild.

i work with this soundcard and for now my studio is unactive.
please help me as fast as you can

thank you

tal

Re: a strong static/spark noise after upgrade firmware in fireface 800

Official downgrade to previous flash version is not supported b rme. However you can do it by this little trick:

- Power ON the FireFace
- Open flash update program, click Update. Current flash is at first erased and replaced by the new one.
- Right after erase phase is completed power DOWN the FireFace. Doing so, you prevent copying new flash.
- Next time you power up the FireFace it starts with built in (ROM) flash which version depends on manufacturing date of your FireFace. If you own your FireFace for 2 or 3 years you will most probably get version 2.47.

Driver 2.9992 is NOT compatible with flash version lower than 2.77. After "flash downgrade" you must uninstal 2.9992 driver also and replace it with older version. 2.992 would be OK.

Hope it helps.

kasaudio thank you for your help.
i did what you wrote the firmware really rolled back to 2.47 but the soundcard was stuck with a strong noise.
i tried to uninstal the driver and delete all the fireface dll from my computer and install earlier version of the driver but still the comupter is open with the same noise and driver 29992.
only when i update the firmware 2.77 the soundcard got back to the same original problem .

how can i remove driver 29992  permanently?

When you downgrade flash back to v2.47 turn OFF the FireFace. Go to ControlPanel -> Add or remove programs, find RME Fireface, click Change/Remove and restart computer. When computer boots up again turn ON the FireFace. If everything OK you should see the red HOST light. This light is up in case there is no connection between computer and Fireface. Connection should NOT be present as you uninstalled drivers in the previous step.

If there is no red host light lit (FF800 comunicates with comp) you might have problems with your operating system. You should solve these prior to do anything else with the FireFace. Try the following (with the FireFace ON): go to ControlPanel -> System -> Hardware -> DeviceManager -> Sound, video and game controllers, right click FireFace 800 and clik uninstall. Reboot the computer. You should see the red HOST light.

Go to RME webpage -> Archive -> News 2009, download driver 2.992 (10. 1. 2009), install it, reboot computer and that should work. In the about box you should see driver 2.992 and flash 2.47

kasaudio hi,

i did as you wrote but now i have problem with finding the 2.992 driver i saw it but when i press the  button to download it i'm moving to the main driver download page :
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … r_fireface

in the archive there is only :
Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64 Bit PnP driver for Fireface 400/800, version 2.999, 11/27/2009. Last version with MME support.
Windows 2000/XP PnP driver for Fireface 800, version 2.6.3.1, 02/20/2007.
Flash Update Tool for Fireface 800. Update to firmware revision 2.47. Windows 2000 and XP. (01/12/2006)

can you please upload the driver and send the link?

thank you for you time and your help :-)

tal

Hello,

I have the same problem when try do download driver 2.992. But I think 2.999 is OK. It should work with 2.47 flash (as download link for flash 2.47 is near by).

@ rme support:

How can we download older drivers from driver archive?

Using firmware 2.47 is not possible with a driver version 2.998 or up, as explained in the readme:

V 2.998 (11/05/2009, current firmware: 2.77 / 1.70)

- This driver requires firmware 2.77 (FF 800) and 1.70 (FF 400)!

- New transmission mode to work around a bug in Windows 7

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@ rme support:

kasaudio thank you for your help unfortunately the problem is still running.
i wrote about it to RME support team 4 days ago but i didny get any replay for now.
mr MC can you help me with this problem ?you didnt replay to the original and the important issue only about the driver-firmware compatibility.
i don't understand why RME publish update that ruin the soundcard.

You can easily install ANY driver version by following the manual (see chapter Update driver) precisely.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

kasaudio wrote:

@ rme support:

Do we have access to all the "stable" older drivers? Where?

@ POP STICKS

Hi, have you tried with different computer and different software?