1 (edited by akai21 2014-06-29 07:51:08)

Topic: Multiface 1 and Intel Z97 MOBO with PCI

Is any chance to flawless using this card on Z97' Mobo with some "bridged" PCI slots (ASUS Z97-A or similar ),or it's  time to consider RME's HDSPe PCI-e Card  as an only solution to stay with multiface ,Z97 and Devil’s Canyon CPU ?
(experience of Z87,H87 mobos owners would be very helpfull also i think ).

Re: Multiface 1 and Intel Z97 MOBO with PCI

there was no answer, so after completing of new PC I've to answer myself, and some other, who could be interested.AsusZ97-A ,32GB or RAM plus fist gen Multiface PCI (no PCIe ) version , plus i7Core 4790K working, and working great.Performance improvment is incrediblle compating to old Quad 9550 CPU.I Don't use extremely low latencies, but at 128 or 64 buffer size ,everything works stable and good.2 days of testing, and no problems with PCIe to PCI bridge at all.

I would usually not expect problems with cards of limited channel number. A HDSP MADI PCI card might not work as well. Thanks for the feedback, though.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

4 (edited by mr.r 2014-10-06 11:28:56)

Good to know! I also have a multiface1 (with pci adapter) and looking for a new board since some time. Is still everything working?

- is working with low latency (I consider 64/128 buffer size low) possible at moderate to high cpu load?
- just to understand you right: haven't you tested extremely low latencies or doesn't they work?
- Do you use an separate graphics adapter (I would like to use a geforce) or the integrated one?

it would be so great to keep using my mf1 with a new daw.

best regards

yes.All works correct.I have PCI-E graphics adapter GTX770 and RME PCI card in slot which doesn't share to many ports with other devices (graphic and SATA mainly )

I've registered on this forum just to thank the original poster for the info and to confirm that the RME Hammerfall Multiface PCI card v1 is working fine on an Asus Z97-A motherboard with this setup:

Asus Z97-A motherboard
Intel Core i5-4690K CPU (Quad Core 3.5GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
8Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Windows 8.1 64-bit

I built this 3 weeks ago. No problems. Very nice. :-)

I am in the same train, trying to find a modern motherboard to work with my RME Hammerfall Multiface PCI card. Since in this post is stated that the Asus Z97-A motherboard was successful, I wonder if it would be the same case for ASUS Z97 K USB 3.1

Thank you