Topic: Digicheck Wav files

i recently recorded a rehearsal with digicheck.. it went for over 4 hours and the resulting stereo wav file was over 4GB in size.. When i tried to open it i kept getting an error of unsupported format in every program i tried.. So I loaded the WAV again in digicheck and re saved it as two mono files and that allowed me to open it in other programs.. I am wondering, is the reason i got errors because 4GB file was just too large in size ? Given that i was able to open the two mono files it would suggest it was filesize issue btu the two mono files were both slightly over 2GB also..

What format does digicheck use for stereo wav files ? And is there any program that can open digicheck wav files as large as this ?

Re: Digicheck Wav files

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … idi_remote

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ebulb 2013-07-25 20:21:42)

i tried to use the multichannel converter but it wouldnt open the stereo file..

it could depend on what program wrote the file larger then 4GB. for a file bigger then 1 or 2 or 4GB the Header of the file must be changed and some other things too, and that can be done in more then one way (of course it should be done always the same by all programs). can the program that wrote the file open it? what Options for the .wav file did you choose? is the file stored on a ntfs Partition? if not the filesystem may not allow for files larger then 4GB.