1 (edited by pjp 2013-06-25 08:48:38)

Topic: Pro tools 11 Madi fx

When i start Pro tools 11 with MadiFX this happen:

[img align=l]http://s16.postimg.org/hj3bml76t/pt11rmemadifx.png capture screen[/img]

Re: Pro tools 11 Madi fx

And what is the problem? And are you using the special PT driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I use Madifx driver in playback engine menu,but when restart Pro tools same message displayed.
What is special PT driver?Is it different from RME coreaudio driver?

My system is:
Macbook pro 2012(Mountain Lion),Sonnet echo express.RME MadiFX,Pro Tools HD11.
RME-driver 1.08
        firmware-84

Thanks for your help Matthias.

Regards

Sorry, under Mac there is no known workaround for PT's incompatibility to interfaces with more than 64 channels. We only have a workaround for Windows.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is it Avid bug?

Are you have any plans to fix this in future?Maybe drivers with 64 io.

Regards

Yes, it is an Avid bug. A fix under Mac is not as easy as under Windows, so I am not sure a workaround will ever come.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

According to Avid, this issue is different from the multichannel crash that affects PT 10 (and will be fixed in an upcoming version, 10.3). This one will be investigated as well.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Try this and let us know if it works...

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15766

Melbourne, Australia.
Pro Audio Dealership.
FF UFX / Macbook 2008 2.4GHz/6GB RAM

Hello all.

I'm not sure what version of ProTools you are all using (I use Nuendo) however the latest software release for ProTools 10 (10.3.7), just released on August 9th, apparently has a fix for the overload issues present with high channel-count RME cards. Here is the text from the 10.3.7 release notes:

Issues Resolved in Pro Tools 10.3.7
Crashes associated with the use of RME HDSPe MADI, HDSP PCIe and UAD Apollo interfaces have been resolved.
(PTSW-164626, PTSW-182520, PTSW-182588)

Those with problems may want to try this latest ProTools software update and see if it resolves their issues.

I'm not sure when these fixes will make it into the ProTool 11 software release cycle, but most people still seem to be on ProTools 10 due to the low number of 64-bit plug-ins available on 11.

Kind regards,
George