1 (edited by Hsound 2012-04-27 10:31:38)

Topic: Signal routing question (for Waves GTR and Ambiloop)

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to route the output signal from a software (Virtual Guitar Amp : standalone Waves GTR3.5) to another software (8 tracks loop recorder : Ambiloop).
I want Ambiloop to record my guitar with the GTR3 effects because Ambiloop can't use Vsti or Dxi plug-ins...

Guitar > Fireface Input 3 > GTR3 > Ambiloop

How can I achieve that ?  Is it possible to route the output signal of GTR3 back to a stereo Inputs > Ambiloop input ?

Fireface UC. Windows 7 64bits.

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm from Belgium...

Thanks for your help !

Re: Signal routing question (for Waves GTR and Ambiloop)

Hsound wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to route the output signal from a software (Virtual Guitar Amp : standalone Waves GTR3.5) to another software (8 tracks loop recorder : Ambiloop).
I want Ambiloop to record my guitar with the GTR3 effects because Ambiloop can't use Vsti or Dxi plug-ins...

Guitar > Fireface Input 3 > GTR3 > Ambiloop

How can I achieve that ?  Is it possible to route the output signal of GTR3 back to a stereo Inputs > Ambiloop input ?

Fireface UC. Windows 7 64bits.

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm from Belgium...

Thanks for your help !

Look in your manual for 'loopback'. This creates a virtual loop from one or more hardware outputs to one or more hardware inputs.

Sorry can't remember the modifier key at the moment.

Also not sure if it works on Mac yet (search this forum if you are on Mac).

Hope this helps,

Isaac P

I've red the manual but don't really understand how to achieve that... I'm a noob, I know wink

If someone could explain it to me, it would be cool.

Thanks

Hsound wrote:

I've red the manual but don't really understand how to achieve that... I'm a noob, I know wink

If someone could explain it to me, it would be cool.

Thanks

Hold down control and press the output you want to loopback. It will turn red. Easiest to use the output you have assigned as the input for ambiloop.

There are also videos on youtube with are helpful.

Isaac P

Thanks Isaac, I'll give it a try.